Sponsored by Suncoast Gold Macadamias
I’m always confused by oils. I can never remember which ones are good for you, which ones to avoid, which ones are the best for frying etc. I always thought extra virgin olive oil was the best and used it for everything until Mr Monkey told me that it wasn’t the best for cooking with and we switched to canola oil.
So, when I was approached by Suncoast Gold Macadamias to try their new Australian Macadamia Oil I had to consult with Mr Monkey first. When he very excitedly replied “awesome!!” I knew we’d have to give it a go.
Suncoast Gold sent me all of the ingredients to make the below recipe for Noodles with Chicken & Macadamias, including their oil and a pack of roasted macadamias. We cooked it last week while Mr Monkey was home from work (ok, he cooked it while I settled Chloe) and it was super yummy! Mr Monkey was incredibly impressed with the smell of the oil as it started to heat in the pan and it gave the chicken a lovely, nutty taste.
Suncoast Gold Australian Macadamia Oil is the only macadamia oil that carries the Heart Foundation Tick, meaning it has met the Heart Foundation’s strict nutritional criteria. It also has one of the highest levels of monounsaturated oil when compared to other popular oils; monounsaturated fats deliver benefits for heart health and diabetes management. Our families have a lot of history of heart disease and type 2 diabetes (including my recent bout of gestational diabetes) so anything that can help us avoid or manage these diseases is very important to me.
Macadamia has a high smoke point so it’s great for shallow frying (like this stir fry), barbecues, baking and roasting. It can also lend a nutty flavour to salad dressings or just simply use as a dip for bread. It has already joined our collection of oils and I can’t wait to try new and different ways to use it.
- 1x 400g packet hokkien noodles
- 2-3 tablespoons Suncoast Gold Australian Macadamia Oil
- 250g skinless chicken breast, trimmed or tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
- 4 green onions (shallots), sliced on the diagonal
- 1/2 red capsicum, sliced thinly
- 2 cups vegetables, diced (broccoli, snow peas, carrot, mushrooms)
- 75g dry roasted unsalted Suncoast Gold Australian Macadamias
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3-4 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Soak the noodles in boiling water for 1-2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the wok, add the oil and swirl it around.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden all over.
- Add the shallots, capsicum and vegetables and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the drained noodles and toss well to combine.
- Add lime juice, sweet chilli sauce and macadamias and toss again.
- Divide between three to four warm bowls. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10-12 medium green prawns (cleaned, deveined, tails left on) can be substituted for the chicken.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. All ingredients and the recipe were provided by Suncoast Gold and I was paid to write this post. However, as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.